Assisting rural and economically impacted communities, wastewater technicians help to improve and maintain financial sustainability through education and tech assistance.
We are able to provide access to the Wastewater Technician to serve the needs of our members with cooperation with another State Association at this time. This program is fully funded by the USDA and is available at no cost to members of the Association.
- Providing assistance to rural, unincorporated small municipal systems, tribal systems and incorporated municipal systems under 10,000 population
- Travels throughout the state to offer on‑site technical assistance
- Provides assistance in all areas of operations, maintenance, management, security, finances, loan application, health, and environmental issues
- Provides the type of assistance that offers “training” rather than “fixing”
- Prioritizes requests to ensure coverage of wastewater systems with serious health or economic problems first
- Reviews new technical standards set and proposed by public and private organizations
- Responds to inquiries from facilities, consumers, governmental agencies, and others regarding technical matters